SharePoint 2013 - Setting up folder level Alert
If you are looking to set alerts for a specific folder and its contents, then please follow the steps
1. Look at the folder you want alerts on, from within the library, don't go into the folder.
2. Click on the '...' setting button for the folder you want an alert on
3. Click on the next '...' button and choose 'View Properties'
4. You should now be looking at the properties of the folder you want an alert on
5. Press the 'Alert Me' button from the ribbon.
6. Please Ensure the Alert Name includes the Document Library and its folder name . ex: Documents:Images
6. Click on OK.
This should set the alert on the folder only, not the parent library.